Skip to main content

Trunk Full-O-Books

What Is Trunk Full-O-Books?

This is Trunk Full-O- Books:

Trunk Full-O-Books is an independent library owned and run by your average 4th grader, Benjamin B.  Here is the letter I, Ben B., sent out to all my members:
  Trunk Full-o-Books


Dear _________________,

Enclosed you will find your Trunk Full  -O- Books membership card.  With this card, you can check out an unlimited number of books for as long as two months! 
Since you are a family member, your membership card is free. You will still be responsible for any damage fees. Your membership card has a verification code and must be presented at time of checkout.  

We have a range of books from graphic novels, to poetry to classics by  JRR Tolkien and Rudyard Kipling.  Most books are for kids, but we do carry a small selection of grown-up books. 

Trunk Full-O-Books is a library run by Ben Bodett .  The library is uniquely located in Ben’s own room!!!  (Please knock before entering). 

First timers at the library get a free bookmark.  And remember, you can always look us up on our blog.

Sincerely,


Ben B. 
Here are some pictures of Trunk Full-O-Books

This is my 'exclusives' section

This is my cash register/computer.
It records everything.


 Here is another little part of my library
 

  I started Trunk Full-O- Books because first of all, I have a lot of books and second of all, I grew really, really bored on rainy days and weekends.  Then one day I came up with the idea of starting a library, and poof! I'm the owner and operator of a fully functional library.


Comments

  1. OMG! You have your own library? Is it only for locals? In our library system here if I am in Key Biscayne and take out a book, I can return at the Coral Gables branch or anywhere else. Will the same apply here? We can be a branch that specializes in early reading books. Can't wait to read more about what's going on up there, especially since winter is coming and there might be lots of snow and you might get really REALLY bored. Wonder what you would do then ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo. Deborah Ayer here. In my Masters in Teaching for Social Justice program, I have to make a bibliography of quality kids books that have healthy, diverse, meaningful characters. I spent two hours in a bookstore browsing, in vain. I then went to Trunk Full -O- Books and in ten minutes with Librarian and Founder Ben Bodett, walked away with an overview of the collection, reccomendations for further reading, and two fat books to get my bed-time reading research underway. Thanks TFOB! You rock.
    P.S. I love you and am proud to know such a resourceful kid who loves to share what he knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in VT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the library ever go "mobile?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, what I mean is do some of your books travel with you for library users out of town? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raskashism

Last night I had a sleepover with one of my friends. We stayed up past midnight. I'm really tired. We were coming up with our own 'religion'. It's called Raskashism. Soon I'll tell you a little more about it.